The Governance Team Award (formerly Leadership Team Award) provides MSBA the opportunity to recognize school boards and their superintendent for commitment to continuous improvement through ongoing professional development, regional and statewide leadership, and active participation in legislative advocacy for public schools and the students they serve.
District status on the award criteria may be checked at any time by examining each board member’s transcript of attendance and credits under Account information on the MSBA website.
- The district is accredited.
- The district is a member of MSBA.
- All seven board members have completed Essential Certified Board Member certification by MSBA or have been grandfathered from the requirement.
- At least two board members have achieved Advanced board member certification.
- At least one board member has attained the Master board member certification.
- At least a quorum of the board and the superintendent attended the most recent MSBA/MASA Annual Conference.
- At least a quorum of the board and the superintendent attended the most recent MSBA Spring or Fall Regional Meeting.
- A representative attended the most recent Legislative Forum.
- A board member representative participated in at least one delegate assembly during the year.
How do I know if my leadership team is eligible for the award?
District status on the award criteria may be checked at any time by examining each board members’ transcript of attendance and credits under Account information on the MSBA website. The superintendent or board secretary can access all district board member transcripts. Individual board member transcripts can be accessed by each board member.
The Governance Team Award checklist may be helpful in checking your status in meeting all criteria.
If you have questions or need assistance in checking your board’s status on the award criteria, contact the Leadership Development Department at (573) 445-9920 extension 329 or email@example.com.