MSBA’s Outstanding Boards of Education Awards, administered by MSBA’s Leadership Development Committee, provides an opportunity to encourage effective board practices and recognize outstanding board performance in the following performance categories aligned with the Missouri Public Education Vision Project focus areas:
• Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• Human and Organizational Capital
• Climate, Culture and Organizational Efficacy
• School Finance Resources
• Physical and Environmental Resources
• Governance, Leadership and Accountability
School boards may apply in only one of the following categories per year to be considered for outstanding board of education performance. Click on the category title above to view the performance criteria.
The Outstanding Boards of Education Awards, previously awarded at the MSBA fall conference, will be presented annually at the MSBA Leadership Summit awards banquet, beginning June, 2015.
Early March, 2015 - Eligible districts notified and applications available
March, 2015 - Applications due
May, 2015 - Winners notified
June, 2015 - Awards presented at Leadership Summit
Eligibility to Apply
School boards that meet the following criteria are eligible to apply, including those receiving OBOE recognition prior to 2015:
- MSBA member district
- All board members CBM Essentially certified by MSBA or grandfathered by March 1 of the award year
- Earned 85% or more on the MSIP 5 district Annual Performance Report for the current and previous school years
2013 Award Recipients
Thirty one boards of education applied spanning the six categories. The following ten boards of education received awards during the 2013 MSBA Annual Conference held in cooperation with the Missouri Association of School Administrators. Learn about their effective practices by reading the applications.
If you have questions, please contact the Leadership Development Department, at 800-221-MSBA (6722), ext 329, or firstname.lastname@example.org.