MSBA’s Outstanding Boards of Education Awards, administered by MSBA’s Leadership Development Committee, was revised for 2015 to provide the opportunity to encourage effective board practices and recognize outstanding board performance in the following performance categories aligned with the Missouri Public Education Vision Project [hotlink to Vision page] focus areas:
• Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• Human and Organizational Capital
• Climate, Culture and Organizational Efficacy
• School Finance Resources
• Physical and Environmental Resources
• Governance, Leadership and Accountability
Eligibility to Apply
School boards that met the following criteria were eligible to apply, including those receiving OBOE recognition prior to 2015:
• MSBA member district
• All 7 CBM Essentially certified by MSBA or grandfathered by March 1st of the award year
• Earn at least 85% on the district Annual Performance Report (APR) for the current and previous school years.
Click here for the list of school boards eligible to apply for 2015.
2015 Award Recipients
Twenty-two boards of education applied spanning the six categories. The following fourteen boards of education received awards at the 2015 Leadership Summit on June 13th-14th. Learn about their effective practices by reading the applications. There will be opportunities throughout the year for these boards of education to share more about their effective practices through MSBA events.
Climate, Culture and Organizational Efficacy
• Renick R-V
If you have questions, please contact the Leadership Development Department, at 800-221-MSBA (6722), ext 329, or email@example.com