The Council of School Attorneys (COSA) is a professional organization for attorneys who represent at least one public school district in the state of Missouri. Many of the attorneys participating in COSA represent several districts and primarily practice school law. Membership in COSA includes membership in the national Council of School Attorneys, which provides members current information on national developments in school law and proposed legislation on the federal level.
Who We Are
A list of current COSA member attorneys is available in the COSA Directory.
Annual COSA Meeting
COSA members will meet on Friday, September 26, 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. during the MSBA Annual Conference in Osage Beach for a day-long discussion of current legal issues. Attendees receive 5.4 continuing legal credit. $50, including lunch and materials
- 2013-14 Caselaw and Legislative Update
- November Ballot Issue: Will Tenure Go Away?
- Working with the Missouri Administrative Hearing Commission in Special Education Due Process Hearings
- Teacher Evaluation and Termination
- Hot Issues in Student Discipline
- What’s New With Religion in Schools?
Register by Friday, September 12th! Cancellations must be received by MSBA on or before 5:00 p.m., September 12th, in order to receive a refund.