Essential Staff Training Online
MSBA’s Essential Staff Training Online helps Missouri school districts comply with laws that require staff training on a variety of school related issues. This Missouri-specific training is compliant with current statutes such as the Amy Hestir Act and includes the following modules:
Confidentiality of Student Information
Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
Requirements for Mandated Reporting of Sexual Abuse in Children
School Bus Driving: It's Not Just a Job, It's a Profession
School Bus: Driving Distracted
Standard Precautions for Avoiding Infections
The online format offers many advantages:
• Register all staff at one time
• Secure individual access
• Staff can view the modules independently at a time that is convenient
• Brief competency assessment for each module
• View modules an unlimited number of times
• A designated administrator can track completion and non-completion
• Flexibility for MSBA to update when laws change
• Available through June 30, 2015 with convenient annual renewal option
Cost: $200 plus $2.00 per district employee who will complete any part of the training
Please review MSBA's Employee Training Required by Law or Policy (or Highly Recommended by Lawyers) to advise on participation in the training.
For more information, contact Sherry Dyke by email, email@example.com, or phone, (573) 445-9920, ext 312.
Online Whole Board Training
In response to board member requests, MSBA has developed a variety of online board training to help board members learn and review essential information for effective governance. Board members can view the modules independently or as a group at any time. Each module is divided into short segments to allow flexibility in viewing – either in part over time or all at once. The following are available:
• Sunshine Law
• Nepotism and Conflict of Interest
• The Basics of Student Achievement in Missouri
• Superintendent Evaluation Video Series
Each module is $75 for all 7 board members and the superintendent to have access for 90 days from the registration date. Additional participants may be added for $10 each.
Spring is the time for districts to make personnel decisions and MSBA’s Practical Personnel Law Webinar Series is a great way for superintendents and human resources directors to stay up on current law from the comfort of your office.
from a recent session presented for the Missouri Center for Education Safety.