MSBA is pleased to announce the release of the 14th edition of The Educator's Desk Reference: A Guide to Navigating Policy and Legal Issues in Missouri Schools.
The Educator’s Desk Reference is an annual publication designed to provide guidance in navigating the complex issues facing educators at all levels. Each edition contains a series of timely and relevant articles drafted by policy experts, educators and school law attorneys. The Educator's Desk Reference includes the most current discussions of recent legislative changes and court decisions as they pertain to education in Missouri.
Member districts may use the links below to read online free of charge. Readers have the option of downloading the entire publication or accessing a chapter at a time.
As you read, be on the lookout for the following useful reader enhancements:
- The "Resources" section at the end of most chapters includes hyperlinks to relevant websites.
- The "MSBA Samples" listed at the end of many chapters link directly to MSBA's sample policies and procedures.
- The "Bookmarks" on the left side of the screen will allow you to mark your place or quickly navigate to other parts of the book.
- The Table of Contents is hyperlinked to allow quick navigation to specific chapters.
- Clicking the footer at the bottom of any page will take you back to the Table of Contents.
- Clicking the paper icon at the top left of the screen allows readers to see thumbnails of pages or go directly to a specific page.
- The drop-down percentage box at the top of the screen and the plus and minus keys next to it allow readers to increase or decrease the magnification of the document.
- Readers can use the "Find" search box at the top of the page to search for specific terms within the document.