Each year a number of school boards throughout Missouri are faced with the responsibility of selecting a superintendent for their school district. MSBA’s Superintendent Search Program is designed to help guide the board through a comprehensive assessment and selection process.
Some of the benefits the process provides are:
- Consultants with expertise in the search process and experience as superintendent.
- Structure that ensures the local board remains in control of the search.
- Conduct successful searches regardless of district size ranging from fewer than 300 to over 20,000 students.
- In the past 5 years, 70% of superintendent placements are still serving in their selected positions.
- Conduct teambuilding activities for the new leadership team.
- Following placement of the superintendent – the School Board may consider a free MSBA workshop “Effective Practices for Positive Board and Superintendent Relations.
- Since its inception in 1984, MSBA has assisted hundreds of local boards in employing leaders who meet district-specific needs and who positively impact the education of all students.
Current MSBA Searches
|MSBA Search (complete online application in advance)|
There are no other postings at this time.
Sherry Dyke, Administrative Assistant
Phone: 573-445-9920, ext. 308