Each year a number of school boards throughout Missouri are faced with the responsibility of selecting a superintendent for their school district. MSBA’s Superintendent Search Program is designed to help guide the board through a comprehensive assessment and selection process. Some of the benefits the process provides are:
• Consultants with expertise in the search process and experience as superintendent
• Structure that ensures the local board remains in control of the search
• Conduct successful searches regardless of district size ranging from fewer than 300 to over 20,000 students
• In the past 5 years, 70% of superintendent placements are still serving in their selected positions
• Conduct teambuilding activities for the new leadership team
Following placement of the superintendent – the School Board may consider a free MSBA workshop “Effective Practices for Positive Board and Superintendent Relations,” or free registration for the board president and the superintendent for the following MSBA Annual Conference. Both options are a $500 value.
Since its inception in 1984, MSBA has assisted, literally, hundreds of local boards in employing leaders who meet district-specific needs and who positively impact the education of all students. To learn more about the MSBA Superintendent Search program, call 800-221-MSBA (6722) x308, or email SuptSearch@msbanet.org.