Each year a number of school boards throughout Missouri are faced with the responsibility of selecting a superintendent for their school district. MSBA’s Superintendent Search Program is designed to help guide the board through a comprehensive assessment and selection process. Some of the benefits the process provides are:
• Consultants with expertise in the search process and experience as superintendent
• Structure that ensures the local board remains in control of the search
• Conduct successful searches regardless of district size ranging from fewer than 300 to over 20,000 students
• In the past 5 years, 70% of superintendent placements are still serving in their selected positions
• Collaborative partnership with the National School Boards Association (NSBA) and the National Association of Superintendent Searches (NASS)
• Incorporates the ‘Missouri Superintendent Standards’ that convey the expectations of performance for professional superintendents in Missouri.
Since its inception in 1984, MSBA has assisted, literally, hundreds of local boards in employing leaders who meet district-specific needs and who positively impact the education of all students. To learn more about the MSBA Superintendent Search program, call 800-221-MSBA (6722) x308, or email SuptSearch@msbanet.org.