The board president has the responsibility for managing meetings so that the board can conduct its business in an orderly manner.
Get Ready for New Board Members
Webinar | Monday, March 13, 2023 | 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
In this FREE webinar, a panel will share how they support new board members through an onboarding process. Tips and resources for how Board Presidents and Superintendents can reduce the time it takes new board members to become an effective member of your team will be provided. Don’t leave your new board members in the dark! Free to MSBA members but registration is required to receive the link. Click here to register.
573-445-9920 ext. 329
Use your MSBA login and password to access member-only documents. If you need an account or forgot your password, email Eileen Woody, firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
Documents & Resources
Click on a category below to access documents.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Board Presidency Roles and Responsibilities
- Board Reorganization FAQ
- BBA School Board Powers and Duties Sample MSBA Policy
- BCB Board Officers Sample MSBA Policy
- Orientation Year at a Glance
- Suggestions for New Board Member Orientation
- Resources for New Board Members
Parliamentary Procedure and Meetings
- Annual Leadership Team Calendar 2022-2023
- Are You Using Your Board Agenda Effectively?
- Common Educational Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Parliamentary Procedures for School Boards
- Parliamentary Procedures, 6-Part Video Series
- Phrases Every Board President Should Know and Use
- Ranking Motions Chart
- Tips for Shortening Your Board’s Meetings