Governance Team Award
The Governance Team Award provides MSBA the opportunity to recognize school boards and their superintendent for commitment to continuous improvement through ongoing professional development, regional and statewide leadership, and active participation in legislative advocacy for public schools and the students they serve.
Districts must fulfill the following criteria. No application is required.
- The district is accredited.
- The district is a member of MSBA.
- All seven board members have completed Essential Certified Board Member certification by MSBA or have been grandfathered from the requirement.
- At least two board members have achieved Advanced board member certification.
- At least one board member has attained the Master board member certification.
- At least a quorum of the board and the superintendent attended the most recent MSBA/MASA Annual Conference.
- At least three board members and superintendent or other central office administrator attended the most recent MSBA Spring Regional Meeting.
- A representative attended the most recent Legislative Forum or School Board Advocacy Network and documented communication with Legislator(s).
- A board member representative participated in at least one Delegate Assembly during the year.
District status on the award criteria may be checked at any time by examining each board members’ transcript of attendance and credits by logging into My Account. The superintendent or board secretary can access all district board member transcripts. Individual board member transcripts can be accessed by each board member.
Governance Team Award Checklist may be helpful in checking your status in fulfilling the criteria.