Governance Team Award
The Governance Team Award annually recognizes school boards and their superintendent for commitment to continuous improvement through ongoing learning, regional and statewide leadership, and active participation in legislative advocacy for public schools and the students they serve.
New for 2023! Districts must submit an application by May 1 documenting achievement of the requirements.
The requirements for the 2023 award must be achieved by May 1, unless otherwise specified.
- The district is accredited.
- The district is a member of MSBA.
- All seven board members have completed MSBA Essential Certified Board Member certification by April 1 or have been grandfathered from the requirement.
- All seven board members have completed MSBA Board Member Refresher Training for the 2022-2023 board term year by April 1.
- At least two board members have achieved Advanced board member certification.
- At least one board member has attained the Master board member certification.
- At least a quorum of the board and the superintendent or other district administrator attended at least three breakout sessions at the most recent MSBA/MASA Annual Conference.
- At least three board members and the superintendent or other district administrator attended the MSBA Fall 2022 Regional Meeting or Spring 2023 Virtual Regional Meeting.
- A board member or district administrator attended a 2023 MSBA Legislative Lunch & Learn Webinar.
- A board member representative participated in at least one Delegate Assembly during the year.
District status on the award requirements may be checked at any time by examining each board member’s transcript of attendance and credits by logging into the New Member Portal. The board secretary or superintendent can access all district board member transcripts. Board members can access their own transcripts.
Governance Team Award Application
How Do We Achieve Governance Team Award Presentation
Leadership Development Department
Phone: 800-221-6722, ext. 329
2022 Governance Team Awards
The following board and superintendent teams were recognized during the Igniting Great Ideas Summit on June 12 in St. Charles.
- Affton School District
- Ash Grove R-IV
- Cameron R-I
- Crawford Co. R-I
- Dunklin R-V
- Ladue Schools
- Montgomery Co. R-II
- Nixa Public Schools
- Park Hill School District
- Raytown C-2
- Republic R-III
- Rolla Public Schools
- Warrensburg R-VI
- Wright City R-II